SPIRE’ 20 invites submissions in two categories:
- long papers (up to 12 pages, excluding references and optional appendices) and
- short papers (up to 6 pages, excluding references and optional appendices).
The reviewing process will be single-blind, namely each submission should be non-anonymous.
The submission server will be EasyChair ( https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=spire2020 ).
The proceedings will be published in the LNCS series of Springer-Verlag. The use of either LaTeX or Word LNCS templates is mandatory. Suitable templates are available at the Springer Website ( https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines ). Do not change the margin size or the font, do not make a separate title page, etc.: use the LNCS style file as given. Simultaneous submission to other conferences with published proceedings is not permitted.
All aspects of string processing, information retrieval, computational biology, and related
applications are covered. Typical topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- String Processing: string pattern matching, text indexing, data structures for string processing, text compression, compressed data structures, compressed string processing, text mining, 2D pattern matching, automata based string processing.
- Information Retrieval (IR): retrieval models, indexing, evaluation, algorithms and data structures for IR, efficient implementation of IR systems, interface design, text classification and clustering, text analysis and mining, collaborative and content-based filtering, topic modeling for IR, search tasks (Web search, enterprise search, desktop search, legal search, cross-lingual retrieval, federated search, (micro) blog search, XML retrieval, multimedia retrieval), digital libraries.
- Computational Biology: high-throughput DNA sequencing (assembly, read alignment, read error correction, metagenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics), evolution and phylogenetics, gene and regulatory element recognition, motif finding, protein structure prediction.
A Best Paper Award, sponsored by Springer, will be given to the author(s) of the most outstanding work included in the proceedings of SPIRE ’ 20 and presented at the event.