- Medical Volume Visualization
- Real-time Realistic Rendering, Material Modeling
- Nature Rendering
- Interactive Global Illumination
- High Dynamic Range Imaging & Display
- Visiting Faculty: University of Southern California, Summer and Fall 2015; Yale University, Fall 2008; University of Girona, Spain, Spring and Summer 2009.
- Visiting Researcher: Imaging and Visualization Group, NCI-NIH, Summer 2016.
- Research Associate, Program of Computer Graphics, Cornell University, 1995-2001
- INRIA Post-Doctoral Fellow, IRISA-INRIA, Rennes, France, 1993-1995
- Senior Staff Scientist, National Center for Software Technology (NCST), Bombay, India, 1985-95
- Program Committee Member: I3D 2017, SCCG 2017.
Honors & Awards
- UCF TIP Award, 2011.
- NSF Grant- 2012-2017: A Unified Approach to Material Appearance Modeling
- UArizona-DARPA Grant (2016-2018). REVEAL: Light Field Measurement and Exploitation at Information Theoretic Limits
- High Dynamic Range Imaging, 2nd Edition, 2010. Coauthors: Reinhard, Ward, Pattanaik, Debevec, Heidrich, Myszkowski, Publisher: Morgan Kaufman.
- Introduction to Computer Graphics: A Practical Learning Approach. 1st Edition 2014. Coathors: Ganovelli, Corsini, Pattanaik, Benedetto. Publisher: Chapman & Hall/CRC (Computer Graphics, Geometric Modeling, and Animation)
- LeGendre, Yu, Liu, Busch, Jones, Pattanaik, Debevec, “Practical Multispectral Lighting Reproduction”, SIGGRAPH 2016.