- Smart Energy Infrastructure Systems
- Energy Data Analytics
- Bayesian methods and its applications in energy systems
- Optimization under uncertainties
Ongoing Research Projects
- PI, “Building Intelligence with Layered Defense using Security-Constrained Optimization and Security Risk Detection (BUILD-SOS): A Probabilistic Approach,” Department of Energy, 2020 – 2023
- PI, “Smart Infrastructure Data Analytics and Autonomous Buildings,” Siemens, 2019-2024.
- PI, “Solar Power Forecasting and NanoGrid Management Systems,” Orlando Utilities Commission, 2020-2021.
Technical Referee for:
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2018 – Present
- Technical Committee Program Chair, IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES) Smart Buildings, Loads, and Customer Systems (SBLC) Committee
- Committee Member, IEEE PES Big Data and Analytics (BDA) Subcommittee