- Software engineering
- Software security
- Machine learning
- Software evolution and maintenance
- Member of IEEE, ACM and SIGSOFT
Honors & Awards
- Cisco Advanced Security Research Award (2019-2022)
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at ICSE’20
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at ESEC/FSE’19
- Best Paper Award at CODASPY’19
- Distinguished Reviewer Awards at ICPC’21, MSR’21, ICPC’22, MSR’22, & ICSE’23
- S. Ami, K. Moran, D. Poshyvanyk, and A. Nadkarni, “’False negative – that one is going to kill you’ – Understanding Industry Perspectives of Static Analysis based Security Testing” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P 2024), May 20-23, 2024.
- Mahmud, N. De Silva, S. Ali Khan, S. H. Mostafavi, SM H. Mansur, O. Chaparro, A. Marcus, and K. Moran, “On Using GUI Interaction Data to Improve Text Retrieval-based Bug Localization,” in Proceedings of the 46th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2024), Lisbon, Portugal, April 14-20, 2024, to appear.
- SM H. Mansur, S. Salma, D. Awofisayo, and K. Moran, “AidUI: Toward Automated Recognition of Dark Patterns in User Interfaces,” in Proceedings of the 45th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2023), Melbourne, Australia, May 14-20, 2023, to appear.
- Zhao, S. Talebipour, K. Baral, H. Park, L. Yee, S. A. Khan, Y. Brun, N. Medvidovic, and K. Moran, “AVGUST: Automating Usage-based Test Generation from Videos of App Executions,” in Proceedings of the 2022 ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE 2022), Singapore, November 14-18, 2022, pp. 421-433. (22% acceptance rate)
- Watson, N. Cooper, D. Nader Palacio, K. Moran, and D. Poshyvanyk, “A Systematic Literature Review on the Use of Deep Learning in Software Engineering Research,” in ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM), vol. 31, no. 2, pp.1-58.