- Wireless networks
- Value of information (VoI)
- Ad hoc, sensor, underwater & vehicular networks
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Value of information & Augmented Reality
- Smart cities & IoT-enabled healthcare
- Data analytics and machine learning
- Visiting Researcher: KTH, Sweden (2018-2019), University of Rome – La Sapienza, Italy (2012); Imperial College, UK (2011)
- Assistant Instructor, Dept. CSE, UT Arlington, 1999-2002
- Faculty Associate, CAESAR, UT Arlington, 1997-1998
- Associate Editor: Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks
- General Chair: IEEE LCN
- TPC Chair/Co-Chair: IEEE CCNC, GLOBECOM, ICC, LCN
- Panel Reviewer: NSF, NSERC, Austrian Science Fund
Honors & Awards
- Charles N. Millican Faculty Fellow
- UCF Research Incentive Award (RIA) (2019)
- UCF Women of Distinction Award (2018)
- University Excellence in Professional Service Award (2017)
- UCF Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award (2017, 2009)
- Featured in 2015 UCF Woman Making History
- UCF iSTEM Faculty Fellow (2014)
- Best paper award, IEEE ICC 2013
- Xu, R. Rahmatizadeh, L. Bölöni, and D. Turgut. Real-time Prediction of Taxi Demand Using Recurrent Neural Networks. IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 19(8):2572–2581, August 2018.
- Turgut and L. Bölöni. Value of Information and Cost of Privacy in the Internet of Things. IEEE Communications Magazine, 55(9):62–66, September 2017.
- Bölöni and D. Turgut. Value of Information based Scheduling of Cloud Computing Resources. Future Generation Computer Systems Journal (Elsevier), 71:212–220, June 2017.
- Solmaz, M.I. Akbas, and D. Turgut. A Mobility Model of Theme Park Visitors. IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing (TMC), 14(12):2406–2418, Dec. 2015.