- Workflow Management and Grid Computing
- Parallel Algorithms and Performance Evaluation of Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Quantum Computing and Quantum Information Theory
- Cloud Computing
- Professor of Computer Science at Purdue University from 1984-2001
- Associate Professor of EECS, Polytechnic Institute
- Senior Researcher, Institute for Atomic Physics of the Romanian Academy of Science.
- Visiting Professor, INRIA Paris, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006
- Adjunct Professor, Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Visiting Faculty at several institutions and universities.
- Journal/Book Publications:
- C. Marinescu, A. Paya and J. P, Morrison. “A Cloud Reservation Systems for Big Data Application,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 20(1):606-618, 2017.
- Paya and D. C. Marinescu. “Energy-aware Load Balancing and Application Scaling for the Cloud Ecosystem,’’ IEEE. Transactions nn Cloud Computing, 5(1):15-27, 2017.
- C. Marinescu, A. Paya , J. P, Morrison, and S. Olariu. “An Approach for Scaling Cloud Resource Management,’’ Cluster Computing, Springer Verlag, 20(1):909-924, 2017.
- Complex Sysems and Clouds: A Self-Organization and Self-Management Perspective (Computer Science Reviews and Trends) 1st Edition, Morgan Kufmann, 2016.
- Cloud Computing; Theory and Practice, Second Editions, Morgan Kufmann, 2017.
Honors & Awards
- Author of “Approaching Quantum Computing” which was co-authored with Gabriela M. Marinescu and was awarded the prize of the Romanian Academy of Science for Informatics in 2004.
- Ernest T.S. Walton Award, Science Foundation of Ireland, 2007
- Fulbright Expert