Node:Most important options,
The most important options of ECB
Here are the most important options (it is recommended to check at
least the following options before working with ECB):
- Where ECB can find your sources. You must set this option!
- Should the online help of ECB be displayed in the standard Info format
or in HTML format in a web-browser.
- Auto. (de)activation of ECB
- All ECB-keybindings incl. a common prefix-key (see Using the keyboard).
- Should ECB create a new frame at activation time.
- Define how to use the mouse (see Using the mouse).
- The look&feel of the trees in the tree-buffers. Maybe you like a value
of 4 for the latter one if you display the expand-symbol before
(see Changing the ECB-layout).
- Which files will (not) be shown in ECB.
- When and which node-info should be displayed in the minibuffer?
- The ECB layout, means which windows you want to be displayed in the
ECB-frame and also the location of these windows (see Changing the ECB-layout).
- How to display the entries in the ECB-method window for semantic
supported sources (see Customizing the display). These options
take only effect for semantic-sources (see Definition of semantic- and non-semantic-sources).
- Displaying file-contents for not by semantic supported files too, e.g.
for LaTeX- and perl-sources.
But to make ECB working best for you it is also recommended to have a
look at Customizable options!