Subject: Com S 641
To: [email-masked]

--text follows this line--
Hi,

In Com S 641 (Semantics of Programming Languages) this semester,
we will focus on the most exciting area of research
in programming language design in the past several years: type systems.
In particular, we will explore the connection between a programming
language's semantics and its type system.
We will investigate various interesting type systems,
and use a new multimethod object-oriented language (and perhaps others)
as a case study.  The new language, a variant of Cecil,
is one I'm helping design, and I'm excited about exploring it with you.

The course will be small and there will be ample opportunity for
interaction.

Some details on offering of Com S 641 (Semantics of Programming Languages)
for this semester are found at the URL:

   http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~leavens/ComS641.html

If you are signed up, or planning to do so, please send me your schedule.

        Gary